Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Oatmeal + Blueberry Muffins

SO these aren't vegan. Yea yea I know, I'm a terrible human bean, but my Lenten vows ended with Easter. While I still eat ~mostly vegan, I have been eating dairy in moderation. The # 1 perpetrator has been yogurt--Fage is whats up.


Anyways, these little muffs could be easily veganized used 1 egg replacer or even 1/2 a mashed up banana may work. Oatmeal is my favorite grain, I love everything about it. From the Quaker Oats Quaker to the lovely texture it provides, ahh splendid. Plus, the addition of ze oats makes these energy packed bundles of breakfast joy. This recipe is slightly modified, but 100% based off of: http://familyfriendsandfood.blogspot.com/2009/03/oatmeal-blueberry-muffins.html, a cute blog I found via Tastespotting. The only changes that I made were to use rice milk + 2 t of apple cider vinegar instead of buttermilk, 1/4 t cloves, and I added about 1 t of vanilla. If you like your muffins to be sweet, you should up the sugar, but I think they are perfect just the way they are :P

I will leave you with Donatello...the muffin that closely resembles a Ninja Turtle...

=

1 comments:

Jason Jamnik said...

well well well i hope you saved him for me!

Post a Comment