Friday, April 17, 2009

Dragons/Carrot Cake Cupcakes

Long time so nee. I've been on hiatus for no real good reason. Finals & spring break, I guess. Anyways, dry your eyes mate, I've returned in full effect.



Richard D. Jaley's 22nd birthday was a few weeks ago, so in his honor I made the dreaded carrot cake cupcakes. I've always hated carrot cake. The stigma attached is the result of a minor vom incident on St. Patrick's Day about a decade ago involving far too much cabbage and carrot cake. I will not continue. However, these little babies changed my thoughts COMPLETELY.


I used the recipe from Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World with a few minor changes. A little extra cinnamon here, fresh grated nutmeg there. For the cream cheese frosting (made with Tofutti) I added 1 t of almond extract in addish to the 1/2 t of vanilla extract and a few dashes of cinnamon, it made a huge difference. These are decorated with slivers of carrots. I Dooo suggest these as they blew my mind and changed my c-cake hating ways. Full of spice and flavor <3

2 comments:

Julie said...

I love carrot cake! I definitely have to try this recipe :)

awesome blog!

Anonymous said...

oh my god. "Richard D. Jaley"

laughing and laughing.

Post a Comment